| Coaching, Medical Advice, Interviews
Nathan Montague about Coaching tips for GlobalLimits Albania – The Hidden Treasure
GlobalLimits Albania - The Hidden Treasure is a gem of a route.
Runnable but rugged enough to take the sting out of the tail. Here are some of my top tips for a successful finish at this beautiful race:
- Get on the trails: If you are training for a trail event, most of your training needs to be on the trails. Get some ascending and just as importantly descending into your training.
- Variable pace: If you are pushing the pace at the sharp end you need to include faster paced sessions in your training with intervals, hill repeats and fartlek. If you know you will be walking aspects or all, get out there and power hike. Everyone needs a range of paces.
- Technical: The route can be technical and rocky in places, flat and fast in others. Include some strength work in your training with circuits or a gym appropriate workout.
- Weather: Prepare for the sun and long hot days but also rain and a chill as you hit the mountain tops.
- Back to back: In your cycle of training do back to back long days 15 miles + to prepare for the stages.
- Practice recovering: Recovery is the most vital important aspect of any training program but vital in stage racing. Food within 30minuites finishing, sleep, stretching routines, recovery food. Additionally, what you eat and drink on the run will help you recover for the next day.